對英文名字的典型印象,不知從何而來。
覺得Brian一定是喜歡吃漢堡飽的大塊頭﹔Jason都是戴金絲眼鏡的斯文書生﹔Kelvin定帶些孩子氣﹔最難忘叫Carlos Jose和Francois的香港男子…
本人比較怕以月份(April)、水果(Apple)、仿日文(Suki、Momoko、Yuki)或自己拼湊的英文名(Maygi、Ewong),對感覺classic的Henry, William, Adrian, Nathan, Charlotte, Frances, Julian, Francesca由其喜愛。
其實鋪排咁耐,都只係想講叫親做柯德莉D都OK嘅!
16 comments:
英文名呢家野,太深固然叫人吃不消,但淺至由四個英文,兩個響音組成,小一課文都有教果D, "讀者"之發音亦往往叫人聽得心寒! 故奉勸大家,為下一代取名時,大可考慮用番Siu Ming, Ming Fai同Siu Ling,應該唔會再有人讀錯.
btw,叫親柯德前既都靚女,脫俗,兼且有墨水架!
How about "Deep", "Morning", "Ocean" and "River"? I heard some Chinese are using these as their English name. I wonder if one day people will call themselves "water", "Piano" or even "air".
I found "Kitty" is not an English name. Most Kitty that I know are Hong Kongese or Japanese.
English names can be also classified by decades, or even Century,
I believe decades ago, the most common names are Robert, Mary, Peter, Simon and Susan. Ten years ago, it may be Cecilia, Catherine, Christine,and Nowadays, people just like to invent and make up names of whatever kind they like, they don't need to give a reason, or I would say a more reasonable reason, they only stands to reason reason is " they like it and they want to be unique." I really hate those names matching chinese names with English ones, like Money because of Man Yee.
I don't particularly like my rather unique English name but accept it cos it was given by my parents.
I think I told you that my travel agent called "Holiday Cheung".
I have a new male colleague called "Durex Lo".
樣貌的典型印象 - 我不只一次被人覺得我應該是數口精, 工作應是會計或精算之類. 但實際的數學能力卻ha ha ha...
sin lui, i love both your english and chinese name and even your nick name bor
kitty,恭喜你,李香琴個英文名真係叫"Piano"喎!
令人吃不消的還有用中文initial當英文名字的人, 例如: “你好, 我是KC”. 最經典的當然是我們的Professor P.K.
當聽到別人錯誤地叫自己的名字時, 有時真的想對他/她咆吼, 但又好像令人很難堪, 雖然是很顯淺的名字, 但奈何別人總有讀錯的方法, 最慘烈的一次是當心儀的人第一次打電話來的時候錯將我的名字讀成一個男人的名字時, 我真的差點對他說打錯!!
至於favourite names, 男子頭一位是Adrian, 其他如 Terence, Julian 也是心頭好; 女子方面就有 Claire, Christina, Alicia :D
ali,你都好ah,雖然讀錯,但起碼都係一個人名(雖然性別錯了),總好過我比人讀到變成"死物". 最經典的莫過如係"阿jam"同"阿drink"...朋友,你估依家開餐呀?!
嘩!我仲比人叫過做andrew、audrew、audy、audriel啦!都唔知應唔應好。
agree with hj that those using the name 'audrey' are definitely elegant, beautiful.. esp. my idol -'audrey h' la.
btw, there're all sorts of wrong pronounciations of my name, too, & the worse one is - it is not a name, but a part of the body which doesn't sound so good. i just wanted to put down the phone immediately!
仲有補充,包括:
1. 有個女仔叫"Request"
2. 有2個男仔, 一個叫Silence,第二位叫Waiting.
千真萬確,仲印埋在卡片上!嘩...呢D乜名黎嫁?
貴妃: 連我同HJ的名字都會讀錯, 你個名咁深就實唔識讀啦!!
貴妃,凡事都不要太執着!連我個名基本上只得兩個音都會讀錯,咁讀錯你個名又有可出奇呢?現在雖然不時有些人叫我heedi、hilda、hildi,但只要估到佢想叫的那個是我,我都會照單全收,何必令人難堪呢。唉!人越大越沒性格!
我上次在銀行見幫我做手續個女仔叫Keepfit Yim, 真係嚇死人, 自己將個詞語拼埋就當係名! 咁即係Eatapple, Lovecat...都可以係英文名啦!
Choy Yee
So sweet of you ^_^
btw my nickname here was invented by you!
Post a Comment