Sunday, November 26, 2006

最緊要正字

首先聲明,我並非正音大使 ,亦非讀語言學出身。只因今晚與好友們吹水時,大家求證某些常見但經常會讀錯的外文讀音,不妨再列舉和補充如下:
  • GREENWICH (GREN─NICH)
  • GRAHAM (GRAM)
  • AARON (ER-REN)
  • SHARON (SHER-REN)
  • WARWICK (WAR-RICK)
  • SALISBURY (SAWS-BU-REE)
  • BECKHAM (BEC-KEM)
  • LEICESTER (LES-TER)
  • GLOUCESTER (GLOS-TER)
  • DES VOUEX ROAD (與會者提供:地-VO-ROAD)
  • NOTTINGHAM (NOT-TING-UM)
  • OXFORD (OX-FERD)
  • SOUTHERN (SOO-THUN)
  • LEGISLATIVE (LE-GIS-LA-TIVE,重音在第一個SYLLABLE)
  • DISTRIBUTE (DIS-TRI-BUTE,重音在第二個SYLLABLE)
  • CONTRIBUTE (CON-TRI-BUTE,重音在第二個SYLLABLE)
  • CHICAGO (SHI-CA-GO)
  • MIDDLESBOROUGH (MID-DOS-BE-RA,重音在第一個SYLLABLE)
老實說,若不是聽到當地人怎麼讀這些字,我們實在會理所當然的有音讀音,全部發聲。話說回來,以上某些地名在英國是如此讀音,相同地名落到美國土地可應用有幾多讀幾多的讀音方法。錯讀一些字其實沒有甚麼大不了,只不過,總會對能讀正音的他/她留下更特別的印象罷。

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

多謝晒. 吾講真係成世人都吾會知道.

Anonymous said...

妳絕對值得我封妳為偶像!

Ching Ching said...

well, to tell the truth, there are so many with similar situation, but I will forgive them because I also not aware of some of the words, as a radio DJ, I once pronounce the artist name, Dionne War wick wrongly, not until one of my very faithful fans told me that I realise I made such a stupid mistake, shit. It should be Dionne War rick. But, I think there are some mistakes that are more easily forgivable, while others may not be. I once heard Mr Lam, another very popular DJ on 903, saying the group Il Divo not as "ill Divo" but as "two Divo", another DJ saying the name of the song " a long and winding road " as "win-ding" road, but it should be "Yding" road
once, I heard my colleague saying "thyme' as "tine Me",
example 2, people often say the word "schedule" as "ske dule" but it should be "sh e dule"
example 3, "debt" should be "det" and not "de b t"
example 4, "often" should be "off fen" and not "off ten"
example 5, "presentation" should be "present (like in present tense ) ta tion" and should not be "pri sen ta tion"
example 6, "common" should not be "come mon " should be "com (tom) mon"
example 7, "Anna Sui" should be "anna s wi "
Thank you for giving me the chance to say all these.
Anyway, correct them if you know they are wrong and don't just avoid them/ If you have a choice, then say in another language , but don't say something wrong, or don't try luck and think people don't know, this is even more stupid!!!!!!!!!!!