Saturday, December 03, 2005

社交恐懼症

我想我真是有社交恐懼症。

友人邀約出席德國旅遊局的晚宴,聽聽自由身旅遊記者介紹德國的聖誕特色。答應的時候只抱著去見識的心態,旅遊與美食乃吾之所愛,實在沒有拒絕的理由。

一 到現場,心中暗叫不妙。酒店的舞會廳被佈置成如婚宴般,菜單也是喜酌格局。主人家熱情地拉我們到旁邊的大房,喋喋不休的介紹各個在裡面擺放攤位的內容: 來自德國不同省市的官方或非官方代表、旅遊代理商、酒店…手握了幾隻、名片收了幾張、宣傳品收了一大袋之後,竟然覺得毫無興趣,並掀起逃之夭夭的念頭。

晚 宴將要開始,在(幸好)沒有編位的情況下,選擇了離開台最遠、離門口最近的那一桌坐下。我們兩個跟同桌的一個也不認識,這群互相相識或不相識的人,突然 移到較前的檯子,只剩我們。原本已如坐針顫的我愈得覺不舒服,只想立即離開會場。終於在向主人家草草交代過後,未上第一道菜便已匆匆離開。

跟第一次見面的陌生人交談寒暄的經驗其實可算豐富,偏偏在宴會或酒會時就不能應用出來,更嚴重到要立即離場。

有醫生可介紹嗎?我不想一輩子也被這夢魘掀著走,白白錯過認識有趣的人和被認識的機會。

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

沒錯, 出外應酬除了認識人, 也增加被認識的機會, 我沒有如你般的社交恐懼症, 已習慣出席傳媒飯局或俾面派對, 但也屬於較少發言的一族, 會認識很多人, 不過人們常常對我一點印象也沒有, 這也是一個問題!

話說回來, 我以為你這個曾在外國留學的番書妹不會怕應酬呢!

貴妃 said...

那年在倫敦的外交部酒會中,在與一官員寒暄的數分鐘裡,是我一生之中其中最難捱的時光。在沒有人留意的情況下,我偷偷溜走了。

哎!真是有辱國體!

choyyee said...

gf, i think you can overcome that if you want but you just do not wanna waste time on it as life is so short....

Anonymous said...

I used to have ‘reception-phobia’ – my first time was a ‘terrible experience'. That was my first oversea business trip in Rotterdam ... I was very new to the scene and I hardly know any people there. I just managed to stay there for 5 minutes (yes, very exact!!!) and couldn’t bear any longer.

Things getting much better now – after 7 years’ training. I’m more at ease now, both as a host and a guest. How to initiate a conversation/ how to be a mediator between different parties/ how to make excuse, etc. Afterall, it is about self-confidence and you have to feel good about yourself. If you still feel nervous, please bear one thing in your mind, that is, your main purpose to be there. To be honest, many of them are 俾面派對. So normally, I just go to the host/ organizer in the first place and say hello to them (subtext:我有出現!). Then, it will be my “free’ time – look around and see if there is anyone interesting in the reception and then leave after one or two drinks!

Ching Ching said...

I think this is a matter of expectation. Should you be more prepared to this occasion, situation might be better. On the other hand, sometimes, we do look at cost effectiveness if we have to sacrifice our time and effort on events like this. I will ask myself, "Will I benefit much from this kind of occasion?" If the answer is negative, I rather not go.

The other might be crucial factor is personality. If our ego or self-esteem is high, we will weigh ourselves more superior to others, we will look down on people who are not in our "Channel"

Anonymous said...

我應該都有呢個病

話不投機半句多嘛
你一看就覺得勢色不對
未必係你個病發作
而係真係唔啱咀形囉