Thursday, December 22, 2005

金玉盟

I came across this title for the first time in the early 90's, thanks to 'Sleepless In Seattle'. The visual and musical reference to this 1957 classic was so prominent that I proposed to name the X'mas Ball of 1993, the first ever put up by me with other lovely ladies of Complit., after this film. Funny how somebody back then had serious doubt on the name of the ball, arguing that it should be 'An Affair To Be Remembered', for grammatical correctness, huh!

After being intrigued by it for so many years, I finally had the chance to embrace it completely last night. It was a time when gentlemen were gentlemen, ladies were ladies. The impeccable Cary Grant and regal Deborah Kerr, can you ever find an item as elegant and classy as such? The dialogue, the scenery, the cinematography and even the music might be melodramatic, but tear jerking as well. Just can’t beat the sensation and emotional power of such classic on the big screen.

Yes, I'm an incurable romantic (and just love to put on rose-tinted lenses on almost everything I know) but can anyone be blamed for that especially at this time of the year?


I just don't think so my dear.

2 comments:

choyyee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

i also love romantic movies though i'm not really a romantic person. a big fan of Cary Grant - let me say cheers to this movie!